Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts; I’ve been really busy lately and I almost forgot about the Imagination Igloo.
And being busy sometimes makes one feel down, because of all the pressure and deadlines and who knows what. Which brings me to my next point, which is to answer today’s Daily Prompt fresh from the WordPress.com writer-bloggers at the Daily Post. These are my remedies from my cabinet of medicines in the Imagination Igloo. Don’t expect Ibuprofen or something like that.
Firstly, I’m better at cheering up other people rather than myself. To cheer up other people:
- Sing a song. I recommend “Let it Go” (from Frozen; you can choose the Idina Menzel version or the Demi Lovato version; it doesn’t matter), “Roar” by Katy Perry, or “Happy” by Pharell Williams. But if you happen to know the favorite song of the person you’re trying to cheer up, that’s even better.
- Give them a hug, unless they happen to be very particular about touching. If they’re not the hugging type, BY ALL MEANS, DO NOT GIVE THEM A HUG. It might make them feel more grouchy.
- Give them advice.
- Crack a joke. Try to make them laugh.
- Make something for them (such as a bracelet or anything that would make them feel better)
Now for cheering up yourself. For me this is not as easy because I’m too paranoid to ask someone to comfort me; that would feel weird.
- SING A SONG!!!!
- Take a nap.
- Wash your face.
- Okay, I am not trying to promote obesity here, but just eat a little snack if you’re hungry. Or drink some water.
- Exercise to take your mind off things.
- Or you can do anything that will take your mind off the problem. Go back to it later with a fresh mind.